Why Choose Bamboo Products?
- Bamboo is one of the world's most abundant and sustainable natural resources.
- This renewable material can be used in anything from clothing, tableware and toothbrushes.
- Bamboo is a grass plant rather than a tree species.
- Bamboo is considered a sustainable material as it can be harvested in a significantly shorter amount of time than most commercial plant species, and can be grown without needing to be covered in harmful pesticides or use as much water.
- Often recognised as the fastest growing plant in the world, some Bamboo species can grow up to one metre a day. This regenerative plant works to remove CO2 emissions, is naturally pest resistant and can even rebuild eroded soil.
- Bamboo plants also produce 30% more oxygen than an equivalent area of trees!
- Another advantage of bamboo is that it is naturally antimicrobial. There’s a reason cutting boards and kitchen utensils are made out of wood and bamboo. Unlike plastic, properties inside the bamboo kill bacteria that penetrate it’s surface, providing long-lasting protection against harmful bacteria.
- A major difference between bamboo and plastic toothbrushes is the fact that the major material used for plastic toothbrushes (petroleum) requires lots of energy for its processing and is essentially non-biodegradable since their degradation takes a lot of time (a millennium) all the while releasing harmful toxins to the environment.
- The handles are made entirely from bamboo which can be left in landfill areas with the safe knowledge that they are entirely degradable. Also, the bristles are made from nylon-4 which degrades in less time (than the nylon-6 material used in creating plastic toothbrush which also contains harmful components strong enough to choke aquatic and even terrestrial animals) and can be easily recycled after use.